Welcome to the Greater Portland Sustainability Education Network (GPSEN)
GPSEN is a Regional Center of Expertise (RCE) on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD), acknowledged by the United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability.
As a multi-sector collaborative network of educators, students, non-profits, political and industry leaders, organizations, and community members, we promote education, training, and public awareness to help create a sustainable future for the greater Portland region, including Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington Counties, in Oregon, and Clark County in Washington.
Can you envision a better world? The new 17 Global Goals for Sustainable Development can help!
We are helping implement Goal #4, on Education, with UNESCO’s new Global Action Programme on ESD:
- Advancing policy by mainstreaming ESD
- Transforming learning and training environments through whole-institution approaches
- Building capacities of educators and trainers
- Empowering and mobilizing youth
- Accelerating sustainable solutions at the local level