UNITAR’s Policy cycle, integrated approaches and SDGsPublications
UNITAR has developed a learning toolkit “Policy cycle, integrated approaches and SDGs” and a customized version for the African Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and other African countries.
These toolkits are designed to support the UN Member States in incorporating the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) across the national policy cycle – from integrated planning to aligned budgeting frameworks and M&E systems, reviews and reporting – and in improving coherence at the Centre of the Government. The toolkits aim to address knowledge needs and build core sustainability competencies required for public decision-making as well as implementing the Agenda 2030 at the national level. The materials highlight knowledge products from the UN family and other partners.
The toolkit is developed in two versions. The Generic one in English with world-wide case studies and other version that is specifically customized for African Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and available in both English and French. The materials provided in the toolkits are fully customizable and to be tailor-used by key change agents at the national level such as public administration schools, national training institutions, various Ministries and UN Country Teams to facilitate national workshops.
The learning toolkit is comprised of ten modules featuring customizable PowerPoints, manuals, and exercises, as well as supporting documentation such as facilitator’s guide and templates for needs assessment, tests, and evaluation questionnaires.
- Module Leadership: Inclusive and transformational leadership for “whole of government” and “whole of society” approaches;
- Module Integration: Policy integration and coherence;
- Module Inequalities: Policy approaches and design to ensure no one is left behind;
- Module Stakeholders: Stakeholder participation and engagement for the 2030 Agenda;
- Module Institutions: Governance and institutions in support of the SDGs;
- Module Planning: National planning and coherent mainstreaming of the 2030 Agenda and other global and regional commitments;
- Module Resources: Resource mobilization and SDG-aligned budgeting;
- Module M&E: Reviews, monitoring & evaluation and reporting;
- Module Global reviews: Global-level reviews of progress on the SDGs;
- Module Local authorities: The role of local authorities in implementing the SDGs.
We invite you to benefit from these UNITAR learning toolkits free of charge!
Please register here to access:
Policy cycle, integrated approaches and SDGs (Generic version in English)