The Innovate to Mitigate ChallengeCurriculum
CALLING ALL STEM TEACHERS OF GRADES 7 – 12!
Love to teach environmental science? Want to support problem-based learning? Challenge your students to design and test innovations that address climate change by reducing greenhouse gases. Students submit a video and paper online, talk about their ideas with scientists, and earn the chance to win a prize.
TIMELINE: Oct 4th 2019 – Mar 25th 2020
POSSIBLE SCHOOL CONTEXTS
- As part or whole of your course elective
- As a final middle or high school graduation project
- As an independent study project
- As a free-choice option conducted by students in out-of-school time, and mentored by you
- Three, two-hour webinars for project orientation, review of materials, strategies for supportingPBL
- Ongoing, peer-to-peer support in mentored online discussions to share practices with other teachers
- Weekly virtual “office hours” for answers to specific questions or challenges
- Professional Development Points for hours spent on the project.
View past submissions: https://
Ready to sign up? http://bit.ly/2YUf5cV
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is funded by the National Science Foundation under grant #1908117.