The Human Rights Guide to the Sustainable Development GoalsPublications
The guide is a searchable online database illustrating the links between the Sustainable Development Goals and the human rights and labour laws.
To help development professionals navigate this human rights framework, the Danish Institute for Human Rights has designed the Human Rights Guide to the SDGs.
Available in 7 languages, this online database demonstrates how the goals relate to 35 human rights and labour conventions.
What is the Human Rights Guide to the SDGs?
This Guide illustrates the human rights anchorage of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by making concrete links between the 169 targets and the relevant range of:
- International and regional human rights instruments
- International labour standards
- Key environmental instruments – some of which have human rights dimensions
How to use the Guide?
The Guide is the essential tool to:
- Understand the linkages between the SDGs and human rights, labour standards and environmental treaties and instruments
- Develop a human rights-based approach to sustainable development programming, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Understand the linkages between regional and international human rights instruments and environmental treaties