Introducing STARS 2.2Organizations
AASHE is excited to announce the release of STARS 2.2, the latest version of the rating system.
This new version features:
- A new “Points of Distinction” section to allow participants to highlight their most notable sustainability programs, initiatives or accomplishments.
- Simplified criteria for some credits that have proven to be particularly time-intensive (e.g., the Food and Beverage Purchasing and Sustainability Planning credits).
- More flexibility and additional opportunities to earn partial points (e.g., in the Learning Outcomes and Open Access to Research credits).
- Additional internationally recognized standards and terminology incorporated throughout.
- Changes intended to minimize clerical and conversion errors (e.g., reporting electricity use in kilowatt-hours).
- A new Reporting Assurance credit that awards points for engaging in an independent review and revision process before submitting your report.
- New options to earn bonus points in the Innovation & Leadership section.
- Information in the STARS Technical Manual that maps STARS subcategories to the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We welcome current participants to upgrade to this new version right away, however the option is available to report under the older version until August 31, 2020