- This event has passed.
Who Will Own the Forest? 15
September 17, 2019 @ 8:00 am - September 19, 2019 @ 5:00 pm$880 – $1600
Join us for a wide-ranging program covering trade wars, climate change, emerging markets, and the opportunities and challenges to timberland investing.
- Mitigating Political, Economic, and External Risks of Forest Investments in the US South – Andres Villegas, President & CEO, Georgia Forestry Association
- The Risks and Rewards of a Timber Future – Eric Corey Freed, Sustainability Disruptor, Morrison Hershfield
- Climate Change: Mapping the Risks and Opportunities for Forests – Moderator Gwen Busby, Director of Economics Research, GreenWood Resources, and panelists:
- Helena Olin, Head of Real Assets, Second Swedish National Pension Fund (AP2)
- Jonah Busch, Chief Economist, Earth Innovation Institute
- James Mulligan, Senior Associate, Food, Forests, and Water Program, World Resources Institute
- Tax Considerations for the Foreign Investor and Opportunity Zone Investing – Danny McKeithen, Partner, Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP
- Current Status and Future Outlook for Mass Timber – Bryan Beck, President, The Beck Group
- Chinese Wood Markets Amidst Trade War – Kent Wheiler, Director, Center for International Trade in Forest Products
- Vietnam – The Pulpwood Market in Southeast Asia – John North, International Timber Economist, FastMarkets RISI
And much more! Check online for the full agenda.