- This event has passed.
Volunteer at Mount St. Helens this summer! New volunteer orientations held in April and May
April 23, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
One event on May 8, 2019 at 6:00 pm
One event on May 29, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Have fun, explore the outdoors, share nature with others, and become a volunteer with the Mount St. Helens Institute! Our volunteers help visitors from all over the world explore and learn about Mount St. Helens’ spectacular volcanic landscape. Join our volunteer community in a variety of exciting roles. With flexible scheduling, including one-time and ongoing volunteer opportunities, there’s a way for everyone to get involved.
- Mountain Stewards: Hike, climb, and help make the outdoors a safe and enjoyable experience for all who adventure.
- Volcano Volunteers: Help visitors from around the world learn about the history, geology, and ecology of Mount St. Helens.
- Conservation Corps: Help maintain trails around Mount St. Helens. This volunteer program is made possible through a partnership with the Washington Trails Association.
- Education Volunteers: Teach both students and teachers in an outdoor environment where the volcano is the classroom, or bring the outdoors inside and present lessons on volcanology in Washington and Oregon.
- Event Volunteers: Lead activities and assist with events on and off the mountain, including our It’s a Blast! summer series.
Learn more and apply at: www.mshinstitute.org/volunteer or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 891-5199 with questions.
New volunteer orientations for 2019 will be held in April and May. Apply today to register for orientations.