- This event has passed.
October 8 - October 18
BACKGROUND & SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Forth is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) trade association with a closely related 501(c)(3) charity, the Forth Mobility Fund. Forth works to advance electric, smart, and shared transportation in the Pacific Northwest and beyond through innovation and industry development; demonstration and pilot projects; policy advocacy; and consumer engagement. Forth also operates the nation’s first brand-neutral electric mobility showcase, as well as a range of other projects. Learn more on our website.
We seek candidates who are focused, organized, enthusiastic about electric transportation, and comfortable working with diverse consumers and organizational partners. Electric vehicle experience is helpful, but not necessary. Forth remains a growing, dynamic organization; the successful candidate will be expected to wear many hats, work independently, and play an active role in the organization’s development.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Consumer Engagement (~60%). The Program Associate works with external stakeholders, including local government, and electric utilities, to help consumers better understand electric mobility options and their advantages. In addition to engaging with general consumers, the Program Associate assists with marketing efforts targeting specific key markets.
- Encourage and support electric utility programs that support transportation electrification.
- Encourage the use and promotion of state and regional incentives.
- Encourage developers and municipalities to provide charging for residents of multi-unit dwellings (MUDs) and encourage EV positive building codes.
- Promote electric mobility in traditionally underserved communities.
- Support regional “ride and drive” events, and occasionally staff Forth’s electric vehicle showroom in downtown Portland.
- Promote the purchase and use of electric vehicles by fleets.
Program Coordination (~30%). Working closely with Forth Program Managers, the Program Associate assists in facilitating programs that advance electric mobility, particularly in traditionally underserved communities.
- Support awareness and engagement campaigns related to furthering the adoption of electric vehicles.
- Work closely with community-based organizations to seek and identify ways to advance new mobility options for priority populations.
- Support ongoing projects in close coordination with Program Managers and other senior Program staff.
- Support the design and implementation of new projects in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
Development and Organizational Management (~10%). The Program Associate works with other staff to cultivate funding support from electric utilities, government agencies, and other sources. Forth operates with a small staff, so the Program Associate must be flexible and prepared to assist where needed.
- Cultivate potential sources of financial support, meet with potential funders, and draft proposals and progress reports.
- Support client-based consulting and fee for service work as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and best practices in order to adjust strategies over time.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- A passion for Forth’s mission and values
- Minimum two years of experience in transportation, energy, or related field
- Demonstrated self-motivation, ability to work independently, and attention to detail without losing a “big picture” perspective
- Excellent cross-cultural communications skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness and ability to travel regionally, occasionally overnight; valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 35 pounds to assist with event set up
- An ability to take the work seriously, without taking yourself too seriously
- Working knowledge of local government, electric utilities, the electric vehicle field, transportation, or related fields
- Existing relationships with relevant stakeholders in the region
- Experience working in a non-profit with a mission-driven staff and board
- Bachelor’s degree in transportation, energy or related field
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting projects, meeting deadlines while maintaining a healthy work-life balance
- Experience with key markets such as traditionally underserved communities, fleet managers, or electric utilities
Starting salary range is $15-18 per hour commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include 160 hours of paid vacation annually, fully paid health, dental and vision insurance for employee and all dependents (or a monthly stipend if covered by other insurance), and an employer retirement contribution of 3% of gross salary after six months (no match required.) We also provide access to electric vehicles for business use.
To ensure full consideration, please apply through our HiringThing site by October 18, 2019 and submit the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter responding to the question: What mobility trend are you most looking forward to in the next three years?
We will continue accepting applications after this date, but cannot ensure all will be reviewed. All candidates will be notified once we have made a hiring decision.
Forth is highly committed to excellence through diversity, to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQI(+) candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Forth is committed to responding to accommodation requests from applicants with disabilities, whenever possible.