- This event has passed.
Planet Stewards Book Club
October 21 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
|Join us for the Planet Stewards’ Book Club beginning this September with Rachel Carson’s Silent Spring – a classic! The bookclub is an opportunity for educators nationwide to interact
with their peers, talk about fiction and nonfiction science as well
as education books, videos, and articles dealing with environ-
mental challenges and solutions. Just read the book prior to the discussion dial in using our toll free number 1-866-662-7513
with the passcode 1170791#.
Discussion questions will be posted online before the meeting by the bookclub leader .There are a limited number of seats available for each meeting, so dial in just a few minutes before the official start time of 8pm ET. Have questions? Contact: Molly.Harrison@noaa.gov
The 2019/2020 BookClub Books and Dates
- Monday, October 21, 2019, 8pm ET: Silent Spring by Rachel Carson (Discussion Leader: Jacob Tanenbaum)
- November 18, Monday, 8 pm ET: Ocean Outbreak: Confronting the Rising Tide of Marine Disease by Drew Harvell (Leader: Mellie Lewis)
- January 20, Tuesday, 8 pm ET: The Death and Life of the Great Lakes by Dan Egan (Leader: Claire Lennoye-Hall)
- February 17, Tuesday, 8 pm ET: Plastic Ocean by Capt. Charles Moore (Leader: Teri Eastburn)
- March 16, Monday, 8 pm ET: The Big Melt by Ned Tillman (Leader: Jillian Worssam)
- April 20, Monday, 8 pm ET: Rising by Elizabeth Rush (Leader: Dale Glass)