- This event has passed.
MOSAiC Webinar Series
September 30 @ 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 2:30 pm on Wednesday, repeating until September 30, 2020
Teachers, bring the unprecedented science and adventure of the ongoing MOSAiC expedition, one of the most extensive Arctic research expeditions ever conducted, into your virtual classrooms with new resources (e.g., virtual tours, tracking apps, ArcGIS Storymaps) developed by the education and outreach team at the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES) – University of Colorado.
MOSAiC Webinar Series:
Join us every Wednesday (3:30 – 4:00 pm MT) during the month of September for short (30 minute) webinars to learn more about MOSAiC virtual educational resources and how you can integrate them into your teaching. How can you introduce your students to the MOSAiC expedition with videos and ArcGIS Storymaps? How do you sign your students up for MOSAiC scientist classroom calls? How do students track the expedition? How can students submit questions directly to the scientists? All of these questions and more will be answered during these weekly webinars! Register for each webinar by clicking on the events below.
- Week 1 (9/2, 3:30-4:00 pm MT): Using virtual tools to engage with the MOSAiC expedition
- Week 2 (9/9, 3:30-4:00 pm MT): Experience MOSAiC in virtual reality
- Week 3 (9/16, 3:30-4:00 pm MT): Teaching with MOSAiC Media (videos, images, podcasts, and more!)
- Week 4 (9/23, 3:30-4:00 pm MT): “Exploring the New and Old Arctic” curriculum (MS/HS unit)
- Week 5 (9/30, 3:30-4:00 pm MT): “Arctic Feedbacks” curriculum (MS/HS unit)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.