- This event has passed.
Job Opportunity: Program Manager
November 2 @ 8:00 am - November 16 @ 5:00 pm
Title: Program Manager
Status: Regular, non-exempt position
Reports to: Deputy Director
Location: Portland, OR or Seattle, WA
Hours: Full time
Starting Salary: $35-40,000 annually
BACKGROUND & SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Forth is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) trade association with a closely related 501(c)(3) charity, the Forth Mobility
Fund. Forth works to advance electric, smart, and shared transportation in the Pacific Northwest and
beyond through innovation and industry development; demonstration and pilot projects; policy
advocacy; and consumer engagement. Forth also operates the nation’s first brand-neutral electric
mobility showcase, as well as a range of other projects. Learn more on our website.
We seek candidates who are focused, organized, enthusiastic about electric transportation, and
comfortable working with diverse consumers and organizational partners. Electric vehicle experience is
helpful, but not necessary. Forth remains a small, dynamic organization; the successful candidate will
be expected to wear many hats, work independently, and play an active role in the organization’s
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Program Management (~45%). Working closely with the Deputy Director, the Program Manager
develops and facilitates programs that advance electric mobility.
• Help site hosts, including employer organizations and multi-unit dwellings, to develop and
support transportation electrification plans.
• Develop and manage demonstration projects relating to shared, connected, electric, and
• Maintain databases for the electric showcases and resources promoting ACES in the
• Manage consulting and fee for service roles for work with partners and partner projects relating
to emerging vehicle technologies.
Consumer Engagement (~35%). The Program Manager works with utilities and other partners to help
consumers better understand electric mobility options and their advantages. In addition to engaging
with general consumers, the Program Manager manages marketing efforts targeting specific key
• Encourage and support electric utility programs that support transportation electrification.
• Encourage employers to provide charging for their employees.
• Encourage developers and municipalities to provide charging for residents of multi-unit
dwellings (MUDs) and encourage EV positive building codes.
• Promote electric mobility in traditionally underserved communities.
• Support regional “ride and drive” events, and occasionally staff Forth’s electric vehicle
showroom in downtown Portland.
• Promote the purchase and use of electric vehicles by fleets.
Fundraising and Organizational Management (~20%). The Program Manager works with other staff
to cultivate funding support from electric utilities, government agencies, and other sources. Forth
operates with a small staff, so the Program Manager must be flexible and prepared to assist where
• Cultivate potential sources of financial support, meet with potential funders, and draft proposals
and progress reports.
• Actively seek out, apply for, and manage grant proposals.
• Support and manage client-based consulting and fee for service work.
• Maintain knowledge of industry trends and best practices in order to adjust strategies over time.
• Other responsibilities as required.
• A passion for Forth’s mission and values
• Bachelor’s degree or minimum two years of experience in transportation, energy, or related field
• Demonstrated self-motivation, ability to work independently, and attention to detail without losing a
“big picture” perspective
• Excellent cross-cultural communications skills, both written and verbal
• Willingness and ability to travel regionally, occasionally overnight; valid driver’s license
• Ability to lift 35 pounds to assist with event set up
• An ability to take the work seriously, without taking yourself too seriously
• Working knowledge of local government, electric utilities, the electric vehicle field, transportation, or
• Existing relationships with relevant stakeholders in the region
• Experience working in a non-profit with a mission-driven staff and board
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting projects, meeting deadlines while maintaining
a healthy work-life balance
• Experience with key markets such as traditionally underserved communities, fleet managers, or
• Advanced degree in a relevant field
Starting salary range is $35,000 to $40,000 commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include
160 hours of paid vacation annually, fully paid health insurance for employee and all dependents (or a
monthly stipend if covered by other insurance), and an employer retirement contribution of 3% of gross
salary after six months (no match required.) We also provide access to electric vehicles for business
To ensure full consideration, please apply by November 16 by submitting your resume and cover letter
through our HiringThing site. We will continue accepting applications after this date, but cannot ensure
all will be reviewed. All candidates will be notified once we have made a hiring decision.
Forth is highly committed to excellence through diversity, to fostering an inclusive and equitable
workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development. People of color, people with
disabilities, veterans and LGBTQI(+) candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Forth is committed
to responding to accommodation requests from applicants with disabilities, whenever possible.