- This event has passed.
Job Opportunity: Program Associate
November 2, 2018 @ 8:00 am - November 16, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
Title: Program Associate
Status: Part-time, non-exempt position
Reports to: Program Manager
Hours: Part-time, minimum 20 hours/week
Starting Salary: $15-17 per hour
BACKGROUND & SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Forth is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) trade association with a closely related 501(c)(3) charity, the Forth Mobility Fund. Forth works to advance electric, smart, and shared transportation in the Pacific Northwest and beyond through innovation and industry development; demonstration and pilot projects; policy advocacy; and consumer engagement. Forth also operates the nation’s first brand-neutral electric mobility showcase, as well as a range of other projects. Learn more on our website.
We seek candidates who are focused, organized, enthusiastic about electric transportation, and comfortable working with diverse consumers and organizational partners. Electric vehicle experience is helpful, but not necessary. Forth remains a small, dynamic organization; the successful candidate will be expected to wear many hats, work independently, and play an active role in the organization’s development.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Consumer Engagement (~60%). The Program Associate helps consumers better understand their electric and “smart” mobility options and their advantages. In addition to engaging with general consumers, the Program Associate manages marketing efforts targeting specific key demographics and using defined strategies including the following:
Northwest Electric Vehicle Showcase
- Staff an electric vehicle showroom in downtown Portland
- Maintain working knowledge of electric vehicle models and charging options
- General office duties; customer service; ensure cleanliness of workspace and showcase
Electric vehicle ride & drive events
- Assist with coordinating test drives and vehicle rentals
- Follow up with customer requests and inquiries
- Provide customers with information about Oregon’s EV rebate, Charge Ahead rebate, and other incentives
- Support focused outreach project in specific neighborhoods, communities, and market segments
- Collect and analyze data on the reach and effectiveness of engagement efforts; adjust strategies as necessary.
Project Coordination (~30%). Working closely with Forth Program Managers, the Program Associate will assist in demonstration and pilot projects that advance electric mobility, particularly in traditionally underserved communities.
- Provides support and coordination, as well as independent work, for ongoing and special assignments.
- Assist in “EV Ambassador” volunteer program.
- Support demonstration projects placing electric vehicles in car sharing and transportation network fleets.
- Participate in projects that place electric vehicles in underserved communities.
Fundraising and Organizational Management (~10%). The Program Associate works with other staff to cultivate funding support from electric utilities, government agencies, and other sources. Forth operates with a small staff, so the Program Associate must be flexible and prepared to assist where needed.
- Cultivate potential sources of financial support, meet with potential funders, and draft proposals and progress reports.
- Assist in the financial and administrative coordination of the Showcase.
- Support other Forth projects and activities, including monthly events and annual Roadmap conference.
- Participate in team meetings and training
- Other responsibilities as required.
- A passion for Forth’s mission and values
- Minimum of four years of experience in transportation, energy, or consumer marketing, or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated self-motivation, ability to work independently, and attention to detail without losing a “big picture” perspective
- Excellent cross-cultural communications skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness and ability to travel regionally, occasionally overnight; valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 35 pounds to assist with event set up
- An ability to take the work seriously, without taking yourself too seriously
- Working knowledge of the electric vehicle field, or related fields such as sustainable energy or clean transportation
- Existing relationships with relevant stakeholders in the region
- Experience working in a non-profit with a mission-driven staff and board
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting projects, meeting deadlines while maintaining a healthy work-life balance
- Experience with key markets such as traditionally underserved communities, fleet managers, or electric utilities
Starting wage will be $15-17 per hour. A minimum of 20 hours per week is guaranteed, but increased or full time is possible based on available funding, candidate interest, and staffing needs. Benefits at 20 hours per week include fully paid employer health insurance, a 3% employer contribution to a 401K plan, paid vacation, sick days, and a friendly and supportive office environment. We also provide access to an electric vehicle for business use.
To ensure full consideration, please apply by November 16 by submitting your resume and cover letter through our HiringThing site. We will continue accepting applications after this date, but cannot ensure all will be reviewed. All candidates will be notified once we have made a hiring decision.
Forth is highly committed to excellence through diversity, to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQI(+) candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Forth is committed to responding to accommodation requests from applicants with disabilities, whenever possible.