- This event has passed.
Job Opening: Operations Coordinator for Northwest Earth Institute / EcoChallenge.org
February 28, 2019
About EcoChallenge.org + Northwest Earth Institute
For over 25 years, we’ve inspired, educated and activated individuals around community-based change. To date, Northwest Earth Institute (rebranding to EcoChallenge.org in May 2019) has engaged over 240,000 individuals and 4,500 organizations through solutions-focused programs. Our approachable, ready-to-use social and digital tools provide a unique framework for discovering new ways to listen, live, and create positive action. These tools include a suite of Discussion Courses rooted in transformative learning and the EcoChallenge digital platform designed to create widespread behavior change. Together, they provide the launchpad for emerging generations and sustainability leaders to experience “ah-ha” moments that lead to extraordinary environmental and social change.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to inspiring people to connect with their communities and work towards a healthy, just, and sustainable future. We believe that a successful sustainability movement must reflect the true diverse landscape of our communities. In our work, we make a conscious effort to include all community members at the table as we collect and share stories of change. We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity and to attracting and supporting a staff and board who represent the rich diversity of the communities we serve.
We practice sustainability in all that we do. We believe that what we create and offer to the world is a direct reflection of who we are and what we value. We live our values by providing a flexible family-friendly work environment, encouraging staff to recharge with personal retreats, offering a sabbatical for long-term employees, and revisiting our practices regularly to ensure that we continue to evolve to meet our needs.
Purpose for this Position
We are seeking a solutions-oriented and digitally-savvy operations coordinator to join our team. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience with nonprofits, and find delight in all critical tasks and support that allow an organization to thrive. This role is vital to our team, especially as we dramatically scale our programs and impact. We are searching for a candidate to grow with us!
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will provide administrative and project support to NWEI’s operations in the areas of customer service and engagement, shipping, database management, and other miscellaneous support for our programs.
- Very high attention to detail, including accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent time-management skills, including ability to balance multiple (and sometimes competing) priorities
- Technological savvy, including experience with common cloud-based applications, Google Apps, and hardware
- Experience supporting technology for nonprofits; experience in grassroots social change initiatives preferred
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly with Excel
- Experience and knowledge with database management, Salesforce preferred
- Experience with task and project management, Asana preferred
- Ability to work calmly under pressure as a high – functioning team member
- Ability to collaborate well with a team and understand your unique and vital role on the team
- Cultural responsiveness and commitment to equity
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong sense of self-direction
- Personal commitment to sustainability
Health, Dental, Vacation, Sick Leave, IRA Contribution, Transportation Subsidy, Annual Personal Retreat Time, and 5-Year Sabbaticals
Please send resume, cover letter, and three professional references with the subject line “[Your Name] – Operations Coordinator Application” to Liz Zavodsky, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.