- This event has passed.
Intertwine Summit 2019
April 29 @ 12:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Partners and friends, please mark your calendars for the biggest event of The Intertwine Alliance year:
Investing in NatureMonday, April 29
noon to 5:30 p.m., with reception to follow
- Meera Bhat, director of the North America Cities Network of The Nature Conservancy, will visit from Minneapolis to serve as this year’s keynote speaker. A leader with a national view and strong racial equity stance, she’ll inspire with her vision for urban conservation programs across the country.
- Starting a New Chapter: Incoming Executive Director Warren Jimenez will celebrate past successes and share our vision for The Intertwine Alliance’s work over the next few years.
- Exploring Regional Funding Strategies with an Equity Lens: A panel of local officials will explore creative possibilities for investments in parks, trails and natural areas. Panelists: Metro Council President Lynn Peterson, Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District Board Director Felicita Monteblanco, City of Portland Commissioner Nick Fish, City of Milwaukie Mayor Mark Gamba. Moderator: Warren Jimenez.
- Creating Thriving Communities: A Cross-Sector Approach – Moderated by Glenn Lamb, Executive Director of Columbia Land Trust, and featuring these regional leaders:
- RUJUTA GAONKAR, Manager, Community Health, Kaiser Permanente
- JENNY LEE, Advocacy Director, Coalition of Communities of Color
- BOB SALLINGER, Director of Conservation, Audubon Society of Portland
- VIVIAN SATTERFIELD, Director of Strategic Partnerships, Verde; and Steering Committee Member, Getting There Together Coalition
Our region’s challenges are big, complex and multi-faceted. Major investments are being made in everything from housing, transportation, health, to parks and nature. How can we work collaboratively across sectors to better meet the needs of people and our communities? Panelists will share their work and thinking on this topic, followed by a Q&A with the audience.
Please register by Tuesday, April 23. Space is limited, and we expect to reach capacity. Limited scholarships are available; please email Lyndsey Boyle at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Please note that while coffee/tea/water will be available throughout the day, along with a mid-event snack break, lunch will not be served. Please eat before you arrive.
Miller Hall is wheelchair accessible.
We’re looking for a handful of volunteers to work the registration table, help with audio-visual, and take photos. Interested? Please email Lyndsey at email@example.com.
Questions about the summit, or interested in sponsoring the event? Please email Executive Director Warren Jimenez at firstname.lastname@example.org.