- This event has passed.
February 25 - March 6
BACKGROUND & SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Forth is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) trade association with a closely related 501(c)(3) charity, the Forth Mobility Fund. Forth works to advance electric, smart, and shared transportation in the Pacific Northwest and beyond through innovation and industry development; demonstration and pilot projects; policy advocacy; and consumer engagement. Forth also operates the nation’s first brand-neutral electric mobility showcase, as well as a range of other projects. Learn more on our website and check out our introductory video.
The Communications Associate will be responsible for supporting our communications and marketing efforts, maintaining our online presence, creating and updating collateral, and supporting organizational and project-focused marketing efforts.
We seek candidates who are focused, organized, enthusiastic about electric transportation, and have strong communication skills. Forth is a growing, dynamic organization; the successful candidate will be expected to wear many hats, work independently, and play an active role in the organization’s development.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Organizational Communications and Marketing (~50%). Working closely with the Communications Manager, the Communications Associate supports the development and implementation of Forth’s marketing and communications strategies.
- Manage Forth’s presence on social media networks
- Work with external consultants to maintain and update website
- Support earned media efforts; draft press releases, manage media relations
- Research and assist in the creation of content for multiple monthly email newsletters to industry and consumer audiences, develop blog posts, and other relevant modes of communication including engaging social media posts.
- Develop forms, templates, multimedia content, and collateral material
- Other marketing and communications projects as required
- Assist in writing and editing multiple types of print and digital content for both internal and external use
Program Communications and Marketing (~50%). Forth manages a complex array of projects and programs, active policy initiatives in multiple venues, and an ambitious effort to educate consumers about the benefits of electric and advanced mobility. This position provides communications and marketing support to our program and policy teams with direction from the Communications Manager.
- Assist in the development of project collateral and communications strategies, in support of programs team
- Communicate with external consultants, designers and printers
- Support program staff in developing reports, fact sheets, posters, presentations, infographics, white papers, articles, op-eds, and other collateral materials
- Update and prepare collateral using MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, (such as InDesign), PowerPoint, and other design tools
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills; cross-cultural communication experience a plus
- Experience with social media campaigns, Mac OS, Microsoft Office (i.e., PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., InDesign) and Google Docs
- A passion for Forth’s mission and values and a desire to deepen your understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Minimum two years of experience in communications, marketing or related field
- Demonstrated self-motivation, ability to work independently, and attention to detail without losing a “big picture” perspective
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task and set realistic goals
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally, occasionally overnight; valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 35 pounds to assist with event set up
- An ability to take the work seriously, without taking yourself too seriously
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, publishing or related field
- Experience crafting and editing press releases, newsletters, marketing materials, white papers, and social media posts.
- Experience with social media management tools, Google Analytics, email communications software, and Salesforce or other CRM/database programs.
- Experience working for a non-profit organization with a mission-driven staff and board
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting projects and meeting deadlines while maintaining a healthy work-life balance
- Working knowledge of the electric vehicle field, transportation, energy or other related fields
Starting salary range is $33,000 to $38,000 commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include four weeks paid vacation annually, fully paid health, dental and vision insurance for employee and all dependents and an employer retirement contribution after six months (no match required.) We also provide access to electric vehicles for business use.
To ensure full consideration, please apply by March 6 by submitting your resume, cover letter and writing samples (no more than three or substitute a portfolio link) through our HiringThing site. We will continue accepting applications after this date, but cannot ensure all will be reviewed. All candidates will be notified once we have made a hiring decision.
Forth values a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI(+) community are strongly encouraged to apply. Forth believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruitment more accessible, please contact Associate Director Gina Avalos at GinaA@forthmobility.org.