- This event has passed.
Adult Crew Leader – Youth Conservation Crew – Summer 2020
March 2, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
CREW LEADER POSITION DESCRIPTION
Inspire the next generation of conservation leaders through environmental career exposure, job skills, interpersonal skills, and community building. As a Youth Conservation Crew Leader, you will mentor and supervise 6 youth ages 14-19 from diverse backgrounds as they complete important work in our natural areas, build job and life skills, and earn a paycheck. See our website for more information: www. portlandoregon.gov/parks/ycc
Dates: June 15 – August 19 (with possibility of beginning early and extending the position longer) Hours: Monday (9am – 2pm); Tuesday – Friday (7:15am – 3:15pm)
Hourly rate is $16 – $18.50 an hour, depending on experience and training. Crew leaders also take part in professional development, networking, and growth opportunities. For many crew leaders, YCC is an entry into Portland Parks & Recreation. We invest in our crew leaders!
• You are a safe and experienced driver with a valid driver’s license.
• You are invested in equity, diversity, inclusion and culturally responsive leadership.
• You enjoy mentoring teenagers and have experience.
• You have a safety mindset and are aware of risks and hazards. You can take action to keep the crew safe.
PREFERRED CANDIDATES ALSO HAVE THESE QUALIFICATIONS
• Technically proficient in one or more of the following areas: trail building & maintenance, environmental education, habitat restoration, or tree care (see descriptions on back).
• Knowledgable about the flora and fauna of the Pacific Northwest. Experience with Traditional Ecological Knowledge is valued.
• Able to lead a productive team with high expectations, warmth, respect, and a growth mindset.